Monday, October 26, 2009

ABOUT OSBORNE CORVETTE REPAIRS


I began working on corvettes about 4 years ago after 14 years of working with fibreglass as a mould maker. Going full time about 2 1/2 years ago, working from home. This enables me to keep overheads low and thus also the hourly rate that i charge. I do not run accounts and require ongoing fortnightly progress payments. This enables me to eat and ensures that you do not get a big bill at the end of the job. I will be brutally honest here, most people have no idea how much time or money these cars can consume. As i guide i have endeavored to log the amount of time my part of these projects has taken. Due to the nature of these vehicles i will not work to a quote. I will not cut corners, there is only one way to fix them and that is properly, and that can be costly.
Experience has taught me the value of using the best quality parts and panels that you can buy. It is often more cost effective to replace a panel than repair a badly damaged panel. I will not name brands but not all reproduction parts are created equal. A cheap part may require lots of work to get it to fit, a cheap chrome part wont be cheap after re-chroming... you get the picture. If you are interested in using my services, it could be a good idea to contact me before ordering any parts.
I am able to appraise you corvette before work commences, and for a modest fee, look at any vehicle you may consider purchasing. You should be aware that a coat of shiny paint can and usually does hide a host of badly done repairs, Very few of theae cars have got through the last 40 years unscathed. In the 70s and 80s, these were not worth much and most crash shops had no idea how to repair them properly.
I fully guarentee my workmanship. Your part is to understand that new fibreglass and old fibreglass can pull against each other in hot weather and reveal repair lines, and do not indicate poor workmanship. Add to this, factory faults such a pull from bonding strips riveted to framework and poor gaps between panels.
As a rule i do not offer finishing and painting services. I am happy to work with a painter of your choice and present the car with all fibreglass repairs complete and ready for him.
Please feel free to contact me at mr-osborne@hotmail.com with any questions.
Thankyou.

1 comment: